Friday, April 20, 2012

Animal Kingdom Starts the Day

Sweet Pea woke up at 5am probably because she was so excited. It took about 30 min to get her settled again and we slept till 7 when our alarm woke us.
Grandma Trudy brought Sweet Pea a few new princess dresses! Sweet Pea was so excited and chose to wear a purple Repunzle style one today.

Sweet Pea was ready for her first ride on the golf cart this year.

Despite getting up at 7am, we were a bit delayed getting to the bus stop and didn't arrive till 8:30am.
Here I am proudly wearing my so-called "fanny pack", lanyard an wide brimmed hat. I will take function over fashion any day. Lol.

Everyone on the bus was super excited to be headed to Animal Kingdom.

Unfortunately due to our slow start, we didn't make it until 10 min after rope drop and many people were already in the park by the time we got through the gates.
Grandma Trudy, Sweet Pea and Ross stood in line to rent a Scooter for Trudy while I ran to Expedition Everest to pick up FastPasses to use later. By the time I got there, there was already quite a line for the passes.

I then power walked across the park to meet the rest of the group at the safari ride. I got a text from Ross the said, "hurry!" I started jogging and saw a large crowd of people around the safari. I luckily spotted Ross just before he went through the entrance and was able to join the group again.
We had to wait a very long time in the stroller / wheelchair line before boarding the vehicle.

The safari ride was amazing and worth the wait. This giraffe was right beside the jeep!

I don't remember what these were called, but they were also right by the road.

After the safari, we stopped and watched an African drum band which was really fun.

Grandma Trudy bought Sweet Pea a fun morraca (sp?) type noisemaker that she played along with the band.

We saw a 3-d show about bugs, which had some startling parts (spiders dropping down from the ceiling and the feel of bugs running along the seats... Ick!)
Here Sweet Pea is sporting the 3-d glasses.

Sweet Pea was about done at this point but we wanted to use the Everest Fast Passes I had gotten for us earlier.
The greeter at the FP line said our passes had expired so she couldn't let us on! We had no problem using expired FP last year so I was totally surprised and upset. I told her that we were traveling with our grandmother who was a senior and we couldn't make it back any faster (Which was true. We went much slower through the park than I had expected.) I asked if there wasn't any way she could help us so she let us through, which was super nice. However, I'm worried this new policy may impact our park plans for the rest if the time. Maybe it is only being enforced in Everest?
In any case, Sweet Pea was tall enough so we decided to take her on her biggest roller coaster to date!

She loved it of course!
Oh and while we were riding Grandma Trudy bought Sweet Pea an adorable Himalayan outfit with an elephant on it.
But Sweet Pea was really done after that so we headed back to the cabin for lunch and naps.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment