Saturday, April 28, 2012

Rope Drop @ Magic Kingdom

We arrived before rope drop at the Magic kingdom today. Cast members sang and danced on the balcony as we waited for Mickey Mouse's train to arrive.

Sweet Pea was so excited to see Snow White, Mickey and Minnie Mouse and several other characters get off of the train.

Ross went for Space Mountain fast passes,while Trudy, Sweet Pea and I headed straight for the Tinkerbell meet & greet. Sweet Pea got a picture with a fairy named Terance.

Sweet Pea was totally star-struck by Tinkerbell and could not even really speak.

Since we were already in Adventurland, we decided to ride the flying carpets.

Ross and Trudy rode behind Sweet Pea and me.

Once we were loaded into the "carpets", we looked up and saw Aladdin and Princess Jasmine briskly walking by. I can't believe how neat this quick snapshot of them with my phone turned out.

Below is a picture of the infamous spitting camel sculpture that sprays unwary riders with water as they come by, but Sweet Pea steered us well out of reach every time our carpet came near.

Next all of us rode Pirates of the Caribbean and then the Jungle Cruise. Our guide was by far the most funny and enthusiastic I've ever heard.

Our Space Mountain FP were about to expire, so we left Grandma Trudy to do some shopping while we went to use them.
Ross and I had previously learned that Big Thunder Mountain was closed for refurbishment, but hadn't broken the news to Sweet Pea yet. It is her favorite ride, so we were worried that she would take it hard. We decided that telling her right before her first ride ever on Space Mountain would be a good time.
We walked her over to the giant wall that separated the crowds from Big Thunder Mountain and showed her all the construction. There were a few tears, but she recovered quickly and we were on our way to Tomorrowland.

I was more nervous about Sweet Pea riding Space Mountain than she was, part because the coaster is almost totally in the dark and set up toboggan style so I knew that Sweet Pea would be siting in a separate seat in front of me and not next to me.
I took this right before it was our turn to board.

During the ride, I couldn't see her and when I reached around the seat to put my hand on her shoulder, I felt her all scrunched down in her seat. I was terrified that she was terrified.
I didn't need to worry though because she loved it. Afterward she explained that she was just scrunched into the corner because it was more comfortable.
On our way back to Grandma Trudy, we saw the talking trashcan. I thought Sweet Pea would love it, but she wasn't very interested so we moved on.

This was taken in queue
For the Tiki Room.

The Tiki Room mostly consisted of robotic singing birds. Sweet Pea liked the Tiki Room far better than the rest of us.
After that we hit the Hall of Presidents on our way out. I was surprised by how interesting ithe show was and seeing all of the animatronic presidents made me wonder when exactly men started wearing modern 3 piece suits.


We waited on the curb of Main Street USA for Grandma Trudy and then headed back to fort Wilderness for lunch.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone.

No comments:

Post a Comment